Created by Dennis Fowler, a long-time resident of the Town of Otego, the Greater Otego Library and Education Fund (GOLEF) has three purposes: 1) to assist in Phase 1 of planned renovations to the Harris Memorial Library in Otego, 2) to issue grants for maintenance, repairs, and other operating expense of the Harris Memorial library and 3) for enhancement and development of educational and cultural resources of the Town of Otego to include, but not limited to, the Otsego Christian Academy.
What We Fund through GOLEF
- Phase 1 renovations of the Harris Memorial Library
- Maintenance and repairs of the Harris Memorial Library
- Other operating expenses of the Harris Memorial Library
- Enhancement and development of educational and cultural resources of the Town of Otego to include, but not limited to, the Otsego Christian Academy (located at 353 Main St, Otego, NY 13825, formerly the Otego Grade School of Unatego Central School)
- Groups fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization are eligible but must submit evidence of the sponsorship (funds will be disbursed through that sponsor, which must also provide the identifying information requested in our application).
What We Do Not Fund through GOLEF
- capital projects other than Phase 1 renovations to the Harris Memorial Library
- fundraising aid
- direct grants to individuals
- direct grants to businesses
- The Community Foundation has allocated up to $15,000 for awards for 2022 (other than Phase 1 renovations to the Harris Memorial Library).
- Awards may be requested up to $2,500.
- Awards will be reviewed by our Initiatives Committee and approved by our Executive Committee.
- There are no deadlines and applications may be submitted until funds are fully committed.
- To submit an application, click here.
- Please answer all questions.
- If an award is offered, funds will be disbursed upon written acceptance of our award and compliance with any conditions of the award.
- We request a report be submitted on the use of award funds. Reports must include metrics on what the program or activity accomplished, evaluations of how it performed in comparison to expectations, lessons learned, and what changes will be made if the program continues. Reports for prior awards are required before new applications will be considered.
- Applications must be submitted online.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
If you have any questions about the application or awards round, we are glad to help. Please email email@example.com, or call 607-286-3750.